- Chute Photo Aggregation Tools In Real-World Locations
- Can LinkedIn Today Be a Real Player in the Social Aggregation Space? | Search Engine Journal
A quick one about LinkedIn's "Today" section and the role it plays in content aggregation.
- Wavii is like a Facebook timeline of news
Looks interesting so I signed up. Interface is great but "Justin Bieber was asked to prom by a high school sophomore on YouTube" is not related to news about Google, IMHO.
- The Guardian’s N0tice could be a great replacement for local newspapers
"N0tice is essentially an online community noticeboard, upon which news, details of events, and local special offers can be posted for other users." It's a local news aggregation service, essential, powered by users. Big potential.
- The Early Edition 2 iPad news aggregation app
Sold as an "iPad newspaper," looks like a fancy RSS reader
- RSS News Aggregation Website using WordPress or Similar
- DIY Power Women: The World’s Most Powerful Mompreneurs
- Did Google kill RSS?
The loss of Google Reader is unfortunate. For new junkies, this was a priceless tool that made consumption of a large amount of information much easier. Even Mike says: "I was using Google Reader when I found out Google Reader was going to be shut down."
- The Future of News (hint: it belongs to the smart curators)
Great Forbes piece on where news is going, specifically surrounding personalization and smart aggregation. Smart filters! It's certainly been said before...
- Huge Content Curation Guide from SEOMoz
I'm a big fan of everything that SEOMoz puts out and this one promises to be incredibly useful for the curation fanatics out there!
- Welcome to the Huffington Post era
Riding the line between aggregation and curation, how is The Huffington Post helping or hurting the news business?
- The 5 Best News Aggregators (LifeHacker)
Just to ruin it... Feedly, Google News, Fark, Pulse, and News 360
- Aggregating Without Aggravating
- The newsonomics of WSJ Live
- New news aggregation service by Amazon vets
They’ve created an easy-to-use automated news recommendation service called Goldfinch that picks up the best stories, videos and photos rapidly moving through your personal social networks.
- [Video] Doing it wrong in news aggregation
A short video on Elizabeth Flock and the Washington Post. Great professional piece on what happens when you're just chasing page views. For the record, this is an organizational problem, not just a rogue blogger.
- Aggregate and get sued
The Associate Press is suing Meltwater News for charging customers to aggregate and provide content. As much as I'm all for re-use, I have to side with the AP a bit on this one, though it sounds like the lawsuit was a bit premature.
- TrapIt – a personal news aggregator
Comes from the same folks that put together Siri. Here's a nice review.
- How to aggregate news like a pro
What to know before you get started in news aggregation
- Develop a News aggregation website using Drupal