- Penguin 2.0 rolled out today
"About 2.3% of English-US queries are affected to the degree that a regular user might notice."
- Little Printer is a content curator?
I saw this device under the headline "waste paper and create clutter" which colored my first impression. Then, I took a closer look and it seems like a pun little gadget. It never occurred to me that this thing is doing personalized content curation.
- Shifting gournd on news curation
Forbes talking about flexibility in large news organization as they concentrate on social and curation.
- Onwards and upwards for Huff Po?
Always controversial... talks about the Newspaper Guild boycott, the TechCrunch fiasco, and content stealing accusations.
- Are we just a “curated self” online?
An interesting piece on our virtual selves and how they are managed and displayed.
- The future of online advertising
Felix Salmon says that the future of online advertising is, basically, content curation. Brands can act as a "pointer" towards content that supports their message.
- Duplicate content notices in Google Webmasters
If you're aggregating or curating and using snippets of content from other sites, you need to know about this.
- Effective Social Network Sharing
Honest and straightforward tips on what and how to share. If only everyone followed this!
- How healthy is your news diet?
Sums it right up: "The ability to personalize our news diets has given rise to fears that we'll end up inside echo chambers of the like-minded, gorging on brownies and ignoring the broccoli we need to function as informed citizens."
- Use Fat Pings For Best Content Curation
Matt Cuts says to make sure you are using "fat pings," bigger and better ways to notify the world that your content is available.
- Pew Study On Tablet Use Finds Owners Don’t Want To Pay For News
"Consuming news is one of the most popular activities, up there with email and more popular than social networking. Only general Web-browsing proved more popular on tablets than news and email. Even so, just 14 percent of those who consume news on tablets said they have paid for news content on their devices."
- Improving SEO with Content Curation
Speaking specifically about Google's Panda update