- It’s Not Information Overload. It’s Filter Failure. (youtu.be)
"So what we're dealing with now isn't information overload, because we're always dealing with information overload ... thinking about information overload isn't actually describing the problem and thinking about filter failure is." Brilliant
- NY Times: The Trouble with Curation (nytimes.com)
RE: Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. : "Web sites like these to escape, destress, perk up, calm down, feel something, not feel something, distract themselves and ... modulate pleasure and arousal." Well-written and spot-on in my experience. Also: "... collecting online is a form of self-expression for people who don’t create." Not everyone who curates can't create but it can be a substitute.
- The age of curation | Vivi’s startup blog (okvivi.com)
"I feel that nowadays we are in the age of curation, where more and more users are participating into this giant experiment, like never before, discovering that they can express themselves and whom their are through curating the internet for others."
- The Content Curator’s Toolbox (socialmediatoday.com)
- A VC on Curation (avc.com)
Fred Wilson: "I'm a big fan of curation in these services. Twitter has lists. Etsy has favorites. Tumblr has tag pages. These are all variations of curation in services that have a lot of noise in them." Great comment: "Art stored randomly in a room is a warehouse. That same art curated and distilled becomes a gallery."
- Chute Photo Aggregation Tools In Real-World Locations (techcrunch.com)
- Did Google kill RSS? (socialmediatoday.com)
The loss of Google Reader is unfortunate. For new junkies, this was a priceless tool that made consumption of a large amount of information much easier. Even Mike says: "I was using Google Reader when I found out Google Reader was going to be shut down."
- New news aggregation service by Amazon vets (geekwire.com)
They’ve created an easy-to-use automated news recommendation service called Goldfinch that picks up the best stories, videos and photos rapidly moving through your personal social networks.
- Can LinkedIn Today Be a Real Player in the Social Aggregation Space? | Search Engine Journal (searchenginejournal.com)
A quick one about LinkedIn's "Today" section and the role it plays in content aggregation.
- The Future of News (hint: it belongs to the smart curators) (forbes.com)
Great Forbes piece on where news is going, specifically surrounding personalization and smart aggregation. Smart filters! It's certainly been said before...
- Rivalry Launches Original Casino Product in Ontario - GlobeNewswire
- Best Android Phones 2023: The Hottest Picks of the Year - Technowize
- Black Blossoms is curating a one-night-only art event at Tate Britain - Dazed
- County receives funding to boost from RNCM for transformational ... - Your Cumbria
- copy of People & Places: February 15, 2023 - The Living Church